it is world bicycle day Today! World Bicycle Day is observed every year on 3 June to promote health and environmental benefits. In India, Union Minister Kiren Rijiju highlighted the importance of cycling, saying, “Today is World Bicycle Day, so thousands of people have gathered here (in Delhi), but people should ride cycles anyway. I also get to ride a cycle. Opportunity is there. Cycling is necessary for fit India and health.”
Benefits of cycling:
Cycling is considered one of the best exercises. Here are five health benefits of cycling:
1) Cycling ensures that you are physically active, it also contributes to burning calories.
2) Experts say that cycling is a cardio exercise, so fat starts burning only after the first 20 minutes. So, if you are taking mini trips, they should be at least 30 minutes long.
3) Cycling is a good way to keep your metabolism in check
4) Cycling provides relief to people suffering from anxiety, helping them to concentrate on a single task. It also made them happy by reducing their cortisol levels in the brain.
5) Cycling daily helps reduce stress, focus on an activity that makes them happy. It can also reduce the risk of heart diseases. A study conducted by Purdue University, Indiana, USA has concluded that regular cycling can reduce the risk of heart disease by 50%.
If you want to share your love for cycling, here are some inspirational quotes that you can share on World Bicycle Day:
1) “You learn the outline of a country best by riding a bicycle, because you have to sweat the hills and make them down.” -Ernest Hemingway
2) “You’re a ride away from a good mood.” — Sarah Bentley
3) “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep going.” – Albert Einstein
4) “Think of the bicycle as rideable art that could save the world.” -Grant Peterson
5) Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of mankind. – HG Wells
6) Learn to ride a bicycle. If you live, you won’t regret it. – Mark Twain