London: Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service said on Thursday that actor Kevin Spacey has been charged with multiple sexual offenses, including sexual assault, against three men following an investigation by police in London.
Rosemary Ainslie, chief of the CPS Special Crimes Division, said in a statement that the Oscar-winning actor has been charged with four counts of sexual assault against men.
“She has also been accused of engaging a person in penetrative sexual activity without consent. The charges follow a review of evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in their investigation.”
In November 2017, London’s Old Vic Theater said it had received 20 separate allegations of inappropriate conduct by Spacey who had come into contact with him at the theatre, or in relation to, between 1995 and 2013.
Once one of Hollywood’s biggest stars, Spacey was dropped from the TV show “House of Cards” and the movie “All the Money in the World” after allegations of sexual misconduct surfaced.
The 62-year-old, who won the Best Actor Oscar in “American Beauty” and Best Supporting Actor in “The Usual Suspects”, has previously denied all allegations of misconduct.
Actor Roberto Cavazos, who worked at the Old Vic, where Spacey was artistic director between 2004 and 2015, said his encounter with the Hollywood star at the time in 2017 was based on “what you might call harassment”.